| KR-Imager STR is a superb quality stereo image enhancer audio plug-in with unique processing capabilities.
In a conventional stereo imager enhancer design the input audio signal is divided into a very small number of frequency bands using time domain filters which are then used to distribute the filtered results to the left and right stereo audio channels. KR-Imager STR uses a frequency domain engine which divides the signal in hundreds of individual frequency components allowing a very detailed expansion of the input audio signal by means of user selectable algorithms.
The KR-Imager STR supports two stereo image animation methods and an additional freeze morph function which are used to provide dynamic time variable stereo imaging. Foremost, the algorithmic sweep method, whereas the selected algorithmic ‘filter’ or transform is changing the frequency response bands according to a user specified change rate. Furthermore, a morph method, whereas two different algorithms are combined (morphed) in realtime according to a user specified rate. The KR-Imager STR engine allows the use of sweep and morph stereo image animation methods individually or concurrently, hence further enriching the variations of the resulting
The KR-Imager STR can be used to process in terms of stereo imaging MONO audio signals as well as to enhance already existing STEREO audio material. When used with already existing STEREO audio KR-Imager STR further enhances the existing stereo image by widening the input audio signal at it’s output.
The KR-Imager STR output audio signal is spectrally neutral and balanced at all times, i.e. it does not change the inputs frequency components (NO additional coloring of input audio signal), but only widens the stereo image for more pleasant listening.
To achieve the above functionality KR-Imager STR uses the Spectral Transformation Resynthesis (STR) digital signal processing (dsp) platform a
frequency domain proprietary dsp platform developed by KRESEARCH MULTIMEDIA.
STR is a full-bandwidth, alias-free, linear dsp platform operating exclusively in the frequency domain using specially developed spectral transforms for sound synthesis and effect design.
- New features:
- Strong Transform Mode which achieves wider channel separation.
- New Gain control for Strong Transform Mode.
- Version 1.0 - 1.1 presets are supported in the "Normal Transform" mode.
- New Skin.
- Bug fixes:
- Compatibility fixes for Vista and Vista 64bit.
- Compatibility fixes for Windows XP and Windows XP 64bit.
- Bug Fix - Random intermittent noise during low volume input.
- STR Engine CPU performance improvements(upto 40%).
- Better Host compatibility.
- Proprietary STR (Spectral Transformation ReSynthesis) DSP engine operating
exclusively in the frequency domain for unique effect production.
- Primary and secondary "Shape" algorithm selection control
- Effect "Depth" control
- Algorithm "Sweep" speed control
- Morph enable control
- Morph speed control
- Morph Freeze enable control
- Morph algorith mix control for freezed morphing.
- Left/Right/Both input channel selector
Pentium IV 1.2Ghz
Windows XP,Windows Vista 32bit and 64bit
PPC G4 1.2Ghz
All Intel Macs
Installer for OSX 10.4 or Later
Two machine License (Download) $89 USD.